Lightroom sharpening

<p>Thanks to all for responses to my sharpening question on 2-3-2012. I have decided to use CS-5 for my sharpening. However, I use Lightroom for all my organizing, etc. I have read that Lightroom applies sharpening to all raw files on import as a default setting. Is there anyway to shut that default off? Again thanks in advance for your help. Joe</p>

<p>the setting Lightroom apply on import is minimal, im not sure you will see a difference ON / OFF .. but yes you can go to the detail tab, turn OFF the sharpening and defined that as your new default setting.. i think you have to hold ALT and the button on the bottom should become *make default* or something.</p>

<p>Between you and me, if you leave the default setting to what it is right now, and use a good tool in CS5 like Smart Sharpen (USM is not even part of a good tool in that categorie) you should be perfectly fine.</p>

<p>You can set your preferences for import. Personally I like the import sharpening, but I don't much like the medium contrast curve adjustment. So I changed that develop setting on import, and now I get a straight line. On the other hand, I've just been printing 16x20's out of lightroom using just their sharpening (with local adjustments by brush tool) and it seems just fine to me. But then again, I try not to get too thinky about all this.</p>