Which Camera? D300 or D700 or what?

mark_thomas17

<p>Thanks guys, for all the feedback. After carful consideration and sleeping over it for 2 nights, I've decided to go with a D7000 body and then buy some good glass I can transfer to a full frame body later. I've decided not to get the D700 now because rumor has it the D800 is around the corner with HD video.</p>

<p>To my surprise, Costco had the D7000 and I got to try it out hands on. I love how the buttons work and how quickly it is to change the ISO. I totally fell in love with it and was ready to buy. But it was bundled with a flemsy 18-200 lens which increased the price by $800.</p>

<p>It didn't look like the small LCD was backlit, other then that I like it.</p>

<p>P.S. Harry, thanks for your great post.</p>

<p>I disagree about the statement on changing all of your lenses if you get a DX camera initially and then go FX. The two main lenses you would get on DX if one is a serious pro glass shooter (and the OP stated he bought a Canon 70-200mm L, so that's pretty serious), are a 17-55mm f/2.8 and the small 35mm f/1.8 prime, both of which are very easy to sell, and both are plentiful on the used market, just to avoid buying new and cushion the resale blow. If he is into it, he may want an ultra wide-angle, which is also easy to sell, albeit a little more difficult than the first two. Again, plenty are on the used market to get at a lower price. Every other lens he purchases can be an "FX" lens. Moving from DX to FX is not that difficult as long as you're not sitting around with a bunch of consumer-level, mid-range zooms.</p>