My kids often heard my complaints

regarding videographers planting

themselves in front of the main aisle or

even on the dance floor with the bride

and groom. My son created a one if a

kind birthday card for my last birthday

... It made me laugh out loud. Even

though he's 24 years old, his special art

is proudly displayed on the refrigerator.

I just took a photo of it with my phone

to share it with you.

<p>edited -- apparently you can't upload from an iphone. Really too much effort to show you my son's art, but for the sake of completing my post, I'll try again from my desktop. My apologies in advance for those that would get offended that I am making light of the topic. Videographers were the bane of my existence. Not all of them, but some of them.</p>

<p>Steve, that's why initially my husband and I weren't going to get a videographer. I think if you just left it on a DVD, it might not get watched, but if you put it up on things like youtube or vimeo or facebook that make it easy to watch at a moment's notice, and it is just a small clip of it, you are far more likely to watch it. That's why many videographers are giving people 2 edits, one that's just about 2-4 minutes long, and another that's only 20 minutes long. Many clients then are disappointed that they aren't getting a longer video, but unless you drag it out on say your 10th wedding anniversary or something like that, the likelihood that you are going to watch say 3 hours of unedited footage is really slim.</p>

<p>My favorite part was 4:01 "Flashes ON!" Brilliant.... or would that be stellar?<br>

In all seriousness though, I have worked with some really top shelf videographers at very demanding weddings and never once a problem. It's usually only at the hack jobs where the ridiculous becomes the sublime.</p>

<p>I am so glad I rarely shoot weddings with videographers. Maybe it's not as common in the Northeast, or my client base just isn't into video. Whatever it is, I have only shot a few weddings with a single videographer that was pretty easy to work with and keep out of my shots. I work with a photo assistant who sometimes second shoots, and keeping her out of my shots is sometimes a challenge, I can't imagine trying to coordinate with 3, 4 or 7 other people. <br>

I have gotten death stares from guests with video cameras at weddings when I've walked in front of their shots, but that's a completely different story.</p>

• 1 month later...
<p>I just try to work with them. Once a videographer told me he had a tendency to go to his left a lot. At first I didn't get it, but after awhile I notice that he move to his left when making his shots. So I started going to my right. And if I had to move to the left I would tell him and it all worked out great. See. WE can all get along!</p>