super 8 to digital to edit to DVD?

yonatan_de_bellingham

<p>Greetings,<br>

I want to thank all the helpful advice on how to transfer 8 and super 8 to digital. I have put it to use to impressive effect. However, I have run into difficulties that have stalled my project, which I was hoping you could help me with. </p>

<ol>

<li>I bought and am using a Panasonic hdc-sd40m camcorder to capture the film. </li>

<li>The camera came with Panasonic software “HD writer LE 1.0”</li>

</ol>

<p>Now I can get the one film I recorded to play its card via Veracast on my HDTV or to play from my laptop, I had installed the Panasonic software through to a USB projector. What I cannot do is to get DVDs I have burned the movies to, using the Panasonic software, to play on other computers. </p>

<p>My questions are: there a way for me to upload the recorded video to my computer in a nonproprietary format that I may edit and burn to DVD using non Panasonic software? <br>

I have noted a loss in picture quality from DVD as oppose from the direct source when showing pictures. How does one get a burned DVD which has equal quality to that of the computer or card, plugged into the HD screen? </p>

<p>Thank you in advance,<br>

John B.</p>

<p>Not familiar with the Panasonic software but you should be able to edit the files from your camcorder in just about any standard video editing software such as Adobe Premiere, the Sony Vegas Movie Studio series, Avid, etc. All have the ability to export the finished product as a DVD that will play on any computer or DVD player with extremely high quality.</p>

<p>Hi, I haven't got time to read the post, but this one has been going on forever! I am avz10.<br>

I stopped a year ago, but when I have time, will start again.<br>

The issue remains that one must try to capture each and every frame.<br>

This is the link:<br>

http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/279996-Having-Trouble-with-DIY-Telecine-%288mm%29-System<br>

Regards<br>

Albie</p>

<p>To be able to play in any DVD player, you need a DVD authoring tool. If you're on a PC, you can try <a href="http://www.dvdflick.net/">DVDFlick</a>. It's open source, and it worked for me for the odd video I had to burn to DVD. A normal DVD uses a lower resolution (720 lines) than HD though.</p>

<p>Is it possible you set your output quality for a USB projector? Most programs would resize the image to 1024 by 800 pixels I believe.</p>