darkslide is in the back, but it moves without resistance when the

darkslide is removed.

So, the body can't tell when the darkslide is in, and the shutter can

be pressed anytime. Has anybody else had this problem? And if

something is broken or mechanically wrong, how much do you think it

would cost to fix?

Thanks for your responses.

Hi Joey -

All the RB backs and cameras are interchangable, but you sometimes give up function when you mix-n-match. Is it possible that the original 120 backs don't enable double-exposure prevention on the Pro-S body? Seems like I used to have a document that discussed this very issue. I'll take a look.

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your response. Actually, I'm talking about accidentally pressing the shutter with the darkslide in, not double-exposure (you're right that only Pro-S and above backs support double exposure prevention). The Pro-S body shouldn't let you release the shutter with the darkslide in the camera, regardless of the model of the back (somebody please correct me if I'm wrong).

I don't think the problem is the back. When the darkslide is in, the pin on the rotating back is held in place just like it would be in any other back. (In fact, you can try this out for yourself. Take off the rotating back, and look for the the pin in the front bottom right corner. With no back or a back without a darkslide, this pin can be pushed freely--which is what the body is supposed to do. However, when the darkslide is in, a little tab is pushed on the rotating back which prevents the pin from moving [you can press this tab with your finger if you don't have a back attached]. Everything there is working properly, so that's why I think the body is the culprit.)

It would be a great help if somebody could check how the body is supposed to work with this pin. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hi Everybody,

Here's a follow-up post for anybody that's interested. As I suspected, the problem wasn't the film back. I just replaced my RB body (the mirror cracked), and the new Pro-S came with a Pro-S rotating back adapter. My old RB67 Pro-S had the original rotating adapter on it, which didn't support the darkslide exposure prevention system. Now that I've got the newer body, the 120 backs (original) work fine with the lock system.

Thanks!