A chain is only as strong as its weakest link

paulo_fonseca1

<p>I am looking for a camera strap to replace my original Canon strap. I do not necessarily look for something ultra-fancy, but I would like it to be (i) discrete, (ii) comfortable and (iii) secure. I've been looking into a few neoprene straps (no Blackrapid style) but they all have some kind of "quick release clips", and I definitely don't like the idea of having my equipment hanging by a piece of plastic, much less when it is, by definition, made to be "quickly released". Any suggestion of a particular model which does dot have such clips? Thanks</p>

<p>I have used the OpTech quick release straps for years. They only relase quickly when you do the very-not-accidental thing required to pinch the two pieces of the closure mechanism together. I can't conceive of a way that could happen accidentally without it also involving some sort of serious trauma to the person around whose neck it's hanging.</p>

<p>I have been using Tamrac straps with quick release for years with no problems, just like Matt with the Optech. I suppose it would be possible to cause it to release by mistake, but in 20+ years it has never happened to me.</p>

<p>I have never had a problem with the Tamrac quick release straps, which I find just right, but Tamrac also makes, or made, a strap without them, and their straps tend to be good and robust, and sit nicely on my shoulder.</p>

<p>I've had more issues with slipping buckles than with the quick releases. Something you need to check periodically. </p>