HDR Mirror Lock Up

glen_berry1

<p>D700 - 5 photos at equal exposure increments (+ and -) - am I correct in assuming when these 5 photos are bracketed, and the shutter activated, that the mirror is also activated for each of those 5 shots? In other words - does it make sense to use the mirror lock up feature for those 5 shots to reduce vibration?</p>

Shun - I see what you're saying: as soon as I depress the shutter, with the mirror in the "up" position -the mirror returns to it's normal

position - correct? In other words, there is no way to ensure the mirror remains in the "up" position while those 5 rapid shots are

taken?

<p>Unfortunately the real "Mirror Lock Up" mode, decoupled from the rest of the mechanics of the camera has not been around for a while.</p>

<p>This mode was present on old mechanical cameras like the F / F2 and others which I don't remember. It allowed to use symmetrical wide angles and special lenses like the rare 6 mm Nikkor Fish eye</p>

<p>Wouldn't worry about it. MU is vastly overrated as a feature IMHO. I've done extensive testing with long tele-lenses to assess the effect of shutter vibration, and MU does almost nothing to improve image sharpness. The tripod is either up to the job or it ain't, and MU won't tame the wind, a shaky tripod or a wobbly camera/tripod head interface.</p>