NEC pa301w Monitor thoughts/opinions?

<p>I just received my second PA301w with QC problems. The first one had a line of magenta pixels and this one has what looks like a "light leak" on the top when the screen is black- it's a fade to lighter shade and the display screen is actually loose, which NEC says should not be the case. I would be surprised to get two problem monitors in a row buying an Apple display, but I'm especially surprised with a 2,500 dollar TOTL monitor like this.</p>

<p>Luckily their customer service is excellent, they send a brand new monitor via 2 day shipping and you have 21 days to return the old one. But before I have them send me a third monitor, I thought I would see if anyone has any thoughts on this model either QC, or the model in general in case maybe I should take this as a sign to go a different direction. The online reviews of the PA301w seem excellent, but they are not comparative reviews and it's hard to tell if they are just sponsored "raves" or honest evaluations.</p>

<p>Does anyone have a preference for another monitor? Some of the Eizo monitors look excellent. The cg275w looks fantastic but it is of course 1k more expensive and 3" smaller.</p>

<p>I'm using the monitor with a Mac Pro for photography work in Photoshop and Lightroom mainly for printing purposes to an Epson 3800. So I'm looking for color accuracy to print output.<br>

<br /><br /><br>

Thanks for any thoughts!</p>

• 2 weeks later...