D7000 battery grip Meike

marypar4

<p>I just purchased a battery grip for my D7000. I noticed that the ae/l af/l button on the grip does not change to AF on when I set it that way in camera..My camera AE.l af/l button is alway set to af on for the kind of shooting I do..so of course I was surprised the new battery grip was different. So if I shoot vertical I will not be able to have the AF-on function.My question before I send it back..does the Nikon grip recognize a change in the function of the ae/l af/l button when changed in camera..I am very disappointed as hoped to have this up and running by weekend. Thanks in advance for any light shed on this subject.</p>

<p>Mary, be sure to check that the camera registers the battery in the grip (if in fact there is one in the grip). I bought one of these recently, and the electronic connection was intermittent, even with the grip mounting screw as tight as it would go. With two batteries installed (one in grip and one in camera body), the battery status menu sometimes showed two batteries, and sometimes only one. I could actually flex the grip slightly and the battery menu would suddenly change from one to two batteries. I sent it back and will wait for an OEM Nikon grip. True, the price is extremely attractive, but I did not want to trust the tenuous connection.</p>

<p>Good point..I would not put a battery in the camera..that is a pain to keep undoing grip etc. I will only be using the grip for my big lenses like 70-200 so probably keep this one. If I were a pro or wanted this on camera permanantly I would go for Nikon brand which is much more sturdy.I agreed this grip could be problematic if used on regular basis. It not magnesium..just plastic..but suits me fine. It makes the camera huge...but I like the feel for shooting sports..great for verticals..and nice balance with big lenses.</p>