Zeiss Ikon Zm Manual

esq.jack

<p>Folks, I have been searching high and low at Goooogle but to no avail. Just need a PDF copy. Would you guys help?<br>

In particular, I am looking at the small tricks of using flashlight. I was told by setting AEL with a flash on, I may adjust the light power from -2 to +2. Is that true? And how?<br>

Thanks in advance.</p>

<p>It's a problem isn't it as Zeiss Ikon is the designation of so many Zeiss cameras over more than 50 years and finding the latest manual is like finding a needle in a haystack. I have a manual and will send you an email with it or by return email I can send it to you if the photo.net email won't incorporate an attachment.</p>

<p>Andrew, the designation of the camera is "Zeiss Ikon", so that is what anyone would search for. However, that was also the name of a company and so is applied to dozens of products. I shall request you to help J. Wong by finding a place from which a PDF manual may be downloaded. Should be easy, for the reasons you set out.</p>

<p>http://lenses.zeiss.com/photo/en_DE/products/ikon/zeiss_ikon_camera.html<br>

I googled Carl Zeiss Ikon and instantly got the above camera specs & picture from Zeiss. Each ZM lens has a PDF that can be saved to your local folder. I noticed that 2 different browsers gives me 2 unique search results for googling Zeiss ikon, so if one is too general, try more key words in the search and/or a different browser and/or search engine. FWIW, I find the greater Zeiss sites full of neat info on a variety of subjects so I get distracted with shiny objects and premium glass! :-)</p>

<blockquote>

<p>I shall request you to help J. Wong by finding a place from which a PDF manual may be downloaded. Should be easy, for the reasons you set out.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>The answer to the OP's question is indeed easy, even obvious, if you guys only bother to think about it and look at the basic hotshoe (instead of insisting on me providing a pdf), you can see that there is no provision for TTL or any other type of flash control from the camera.</p>

<p>No communication between camera and flash other than the central firing contact means that flash output cannot be controlled from the camera. That takes care of the "in particular" part. You might have said this earlier instead of suggesting that the manual is easy to locate. It is the advertising fluff about lenses that is easy to find. There are two people here who could not find the camera manual. If, as is possible, you are a much better searcher and found it, then please provide the URL.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>That takes care of the "in particular" part. You might have said this earlier instead of suggesting that the manual is easy to locate. </p>

</blockquote>

<p>Sorry professor (or are you a self-professed psychic?) I didn't even use the word "manual", let alone suggesting it in any way, shape or form.</p><p>In case my second post is still not obvious enough: it's laughable that unless some people can find things on the internet (especially when there's no corresponding pdf), they can't figure them out by themselves.</p>

<blockquote>

</blockquote>

<p>Richard G.: "It's a problem isn't it as Zeiss Ikon is the designation of so many Zeiss cameras over more than 50 years."<br>

A. Hall: "There are only two cameras with the ZM mount, and both are the same except for the VF/RF."<br>

It is true that you did not use the word "manual". Your actual words, however, say clearly that it is a simple matter to distinguish the Zeiss Ikon models with the ZM mount from other Zeiss Ikon models.<br>

If it <em>is</em> so bleedin' simple, please pass on the link.</p>

<p>Folks, sorry that I have been away from photo.net for a while. Have been busy hunting on Domke F 803 (olive). I did not expect my stupid request arose such a dialogue here. My apology. I was only lazy/sloppy in internet searching... Indeed, I want the manual for the camera only cux I have no ZM lens at all. The Zeiss Ikon Zm camera is a supplement to my M3. If you so happen having a PDF copy, please send to the email address I registered at photo.net<br>

Thanks again.</p>