5D MK II and date on image.

walter_strong5

<p>Many specialized backs did this on EOS and other film cameras with LEDs or some such ( see http://www.photo.net/modern-film-cameras-forum/00YHjD ), but like the others I know of no way to do this on the image itself for digital.</p>

<p>There are specialized set ups for images for forensic usage that are supposed to make it possible to lock in the data so that it can be shown to have been taken on the site, without later modification. I suspect that any of these could be broken, but maybe some hardware/software solution on those lines will provide something better than an affidavit... </p>

<p>I have a Casio Exlim point-and-shoot digital camera that will put a date stamp on images. So, it can be done in-camera. Keep in mind that if the stamp is on the image, there is no way to remove it other than by cropping or, with effort, by clone-stamping, etc., in Photoshop. EXIF data is much friendlier. I can look at it instantly in Apple Aperture just by placing the cursor over the image file.</p>

This is a common feature in point and shoot cameras. My old point and shoot film camera did it by default. It was

really annoying when I changed the battery but forgot to turn off the date option. Of course with film you didn't realize

that it was happening until you developed the entire roll, and by then it was too late to do anything about it.

More advanced cameras tend not to feature a date-on-the-print option. Lightroom might have this option in it's print

module. It would be useful for documentary applications such as forensic evidence photos that will be used in court

proceedings.