anybody knows what happened to RFF?

exabetal

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Timing is pretty good for me, fortunately, as I've been vacationing on Maui with a flaky internet connection throughout the RFF outage. Getting out and about using an M9 as I trail my wife around the shopping venues. The waitress at Ruby's Diner this evening said the M9 looked like a cool camera, as I took a couple shots of them doing the credit card the old manual way since their system was down...<br>

Hope you'll be feeling better soon Joe</p>

<p>There's a message up now:</p>

<h3>Rangefinder Forum is Experiencing Problems</h3>

<p>We are experiencing problems with the hosting provider. We are aware of the problems and are frustrated that they have not been resolved sooner. We understand this should have been resolved within hours of the failure but we are at the mercy of the service provider. We hope to be back on line as soon as possible.</p>

<p>I don't imagine it's a logistics problem of obtaining parts. I can order and receive a Leica from Hong Kong or a Luigi case from Italy in half the time this has taken already. With all the servers that must be in use in today's world, surely parts are readily available overnight. It must be a difficult troubleshooting problem. Headscratching over what part to replace. It's been seven days now! When RFF gets back up, I'll bet there will be a popular thread about this.</p>

<p>wow...public-facing business server(s) completely down for a week and counting, during a major US holiday period. that's beyond my comprehension. unless the center burned to the ground, it sounds like incompetent design or contingency planning on the part of the provider.</p>