IR Filters

jerry_curtis

<p>Thanks to all the info I've gotten from people on the forum, I'm getting closer to having my D70 converted to IR. Initially, I thought it would be a matter of converting or not converting. Now I see that each company has several filter choices, generally with higher prices for anything other than basic B&W IR.</p>

<p>After looking at the info on the LifePixel site, including a video, it seems that there is so much you can/must do in Photoshop that I'm wondering if it is worth getting anything but the standard B&W IR filter. The demo video shows a tremendous amout of manipulation being done with PS, so the choice of filter hardly seems to matter.</p>

<p>If any of you have had a good conversion done, I'd like to hear where they were done. There is a large difference in price, and each company I have read about says that it does good work. What else would you expect them to say?</p>

<p>there are many choices, and i have had a lifepixel and maxmax body, but they were already converted when I acquired them. for me, i wouldn't convert a body that did not have live-view since there can be some disappointing results with regard to focus depending on lenses used. there are often bodies that are converted available for very reasonable prices, especially the color ir conversions, and it would seem that cameras converted strictly for b&w 715/830nm actually fetch a slightly higher relative value. being able to use nef/raw and liveview is the most important from my experience, the rest is just what fits in to your budget.</p>