Bower Wired Remote

jerry_curtis

<p>I just received the Bower Remote RCLN3R to use with my D7000. It is a wired remote that will do delays and interval releases, as well as bulb. It came with no directions, but I've more or less figured it out. One thing that has me stumped is the "LONG" mode. There is DELAY - delay activating shutter after pressing the button on the remote, INTVL - interval between shots, and N - number of shots. What would LONG be for? When I set the DELAY for 5 seconds, it counts down, lights the green LED, then lights the red LED and fires the shutter . When I set LONG for 5 seconds, the green LED lights while it is counting down. Then the red LED comes on, and it clicks the shuter - just like DELAY.</p>

• 1 month later...
<p>I just received an email with the instructions for the interval timer. The seller said they had 'Major issues" with the instructions, so it took quite a while to get them produced. The diagrams are identical to what you posted here. I have since gotten another timer - different brand - and the diagrams are also the same. Apparently, the same company in China makes several brands and models, all with the same comically indecipherable directions. You would think that a country with over a billion people would be able to find someone who can write an intelligible sentence in English. I eventually wrote my own directions, which I can understand perfectly!</p>