Putting a 17mm TS-E in a Pelican case

aaron d

<p>Looking more for actual experience than speculation, please... Ideally I'd like to hear from someone who has both lens and case, so as to avoid having to send one back. I'm not close enough to the right store to try it myself.</p>

<p>I just bought the 17mm TS-E and it won't fit in the pockets of my Domke bag, so I'm considering getting a Pelican case now instead. Can anyone suggest a model whose compartments are big enough to hold this lens? It's the giant (4" diameter) lens hood that makes it so difficult...</p>

<p>I'm looking at the 1504, 1524 and the 1554, thinking maybe the '24 might be the best fit. And with dividers, that is - I don't want to use the pluck-foam. Yes I understand the dividers are adjustable, but the length of the little dividers set the maximum width between the long dividers, and I'm wanting to know if they are bigger in the bigger cases, or if they're all the same. Know what I mean?</p>

<p>For getting-your-mind-around-the-situation purposes, it also needs to hold:</p>

<p>two bodies (5Dii) w/out lenses<br>

17-40mm f4<br>

24mm TS-E<br>

70-200mm f4<br>

hoods for all, including the giant 70-200 one<br>

and other stuff including a tripod ball head smaller things...</p>

<p>Thanks in advance! And sorry for the long-wind....</p>

<p>-A</p>

<p>You need to layout the case:<br>

Get a blank sheet o white paper, postboard size<br>

Layout your equipment leaving room for padding in a rectangular shape of the different cases in different colour on the paper.<br>

You might want to buy a larger one to hold additional gears that you will acquire in the future. Just put something light to take up the extra room until then.<br>

My choice is the 1510 with padded divider and lid organizer. It is the largest Pelican case that can be carry onto an full size plane (not regional). It rolls around and is solid enough that if it won't go onto the smaller regional jets I have no problem putting a lock on and gate check it</p>