Long exposure/night shooting with Fuji GW690III ?

john_dowle1

<p>Set speed to "T", press shutter release; when done, move the shutter from "T" to 1 second, to close shutter. For shorter exposures, you might first cover the lens so you don't record camera shake when you close the shutter (i.e., move it off "T"). A bit clunky, but it works.</p>

<p>Mr. Dowle…</p>

<p>“T” usually works by opening the shutter with one press of the shutter release and closes with a second press. I have the GW690III and THINK I have used it that way years ago. I always have the camera on a heavy, solid tripod and use a remote shutter release so as not to induce camera movement with any press of the shutter release. </p>

<p> A. T. Burke</p>

Richard's description is correct.

Advancing the film (actually cocking the shutter) will also close the shutter to end the exposure.

Mr. Burke is correct that "T" usually works this way. Except when it doesn't, and this is one of those cases. The Mamiya RB 67 shutters are another case like this.

<p>Mr. Rosenlof…</p>

<p>You are right! I just double-checked both my 670III and 690III to be sure that I did not have a fluke, but they do work like you and Mr. F said.<br /><br />I have dozens of MF cameras and have not use either of these two cameras for so many years. At least it gave me a chance to exercise the shutters and make a note to test the shutter speeds before using them in the future. Sitting unused for a long time is a good way to loose accurate shutter speeds.</p>

<p>Thank you for providing the right information.</p>

<p>A. T. Burke</p>