Suggestion for camera bag

paul_heagen

<p>I am looking for a new soft camera bag to replace the ancient Tamrac bag I have now. My old bag is about 12 x 9 x 9. My problem with it is that some items need to be stored underneath panels or other items, so access becomes a juggling match when I am in the field. <br>

Here are my requiresments:<br>

1. I'm not climbing Mt. Everest with this, but I like quality, sturdiness and easy access<br>

2. I want a bag that allows me to store lenses vertically so I can slip them in an out of the pocket easily.<br>

3. Shoulder bag, not a backpack.<br>

4. I have two camera bodies, three lenses (one mounted) and a Speedlite 580 flash. <br>

Price range? New/used within $100. <br>

Any suggestions? Thanks. </p>

<p> </p>

What are the dimensions of your cameras & lenses?

Tenba bags looked nice (from photos) but seemed to be too heavy (more than ~3 lb) by themselves compared to Lowepro or Think Tank Photo bags.

For US$ 100, you may find one from Lowepro; doubtful about Think Tank products.

<p>Best cases (Nikon FB series) ever made for handiness and quick lens changes, but heavy and only for Nikon, unless you can find one of the knock-offs:<br /> http://www.photo.net/classic-cameras-forum/00YehQ</p>

<p>At the top end in size (I have one)</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Tenba PD-17C ProDigital 2.0 Shoulder Bag - for 2 Digital SLR Camera Bodies with 5 Lenses, Flash and Accessories plus a 17" Laptop Computer</p>

</blockquote>

<p>I don't know if they still throw in the athletic supporter or not.<br /> Other <a href="http://www.tenba.com/">Tenba</a>s are smaller.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I find that for a more complete photography session a shoulder bag just doesn't cut it for all the gear needed. Regardless of preferences, the item list you provided, to me, cry's out for a backpack.</p>

<p>If you're carrying a more simple set-up - single body and lens or two plus film/batteries/cards/filters - a shoulder bag works great. Also, duration of the shoot plays a part in bag selection as well. All day sessions require something different than an hour or two...</p>

<p>Incidently, I'm not a small/dainty person who doesn't like carrying weight - i'm an avid backpacker/hiker/climber and weigh over 100kilos/220lbs (weight training, etc) - camera gear is *hardly* cumbersome for me. However, the weight of a full kit on one shoulder - all day - is nothing but a tired/sore lower back guarantee.</p>

<p>Every time you juggle your gear (change lenses/bodies/filters/etc) it will *all* be done from the same side (unless you change shoulders and re-orient you gear bag) and the frequency will eventually tire and chafe.</p>

<p>I used to carry my RB67 Pro-S w/180mm and 65mm lenses w/ light meter and other sundry gear in a shoulder bag. It worked sort of OK, but just passably. Also, carried my dSLR set-up the same way. I simply got tired of the inconvenience of it all and went to a simple backpack and it is so much better (carrying/maneuvering/more discrete, etc).</p>

• 1 month later...

<p>I like <a href="http://www.undfind.com/the-one-bag-version-2/">The One Bag</a> by Undfind. Its should strap is padded and is super comfortable for all day shooting. It also stores your lenses vertically. I use it when I shoot weddings. All of my heavier gear I usually have in my backpack (which I set down) and use the The One Bag to carry lenses, CF Cards, Batteries, and my flash. I works really well for me, check it out. <br>

Another bag to check out is<a href="http://goboda.com/clients.html"> Boda Bag</a>. A more pricey but it holds a lot. I know photographers that use it and like it. </p>