Canon Oct 26 public announcement?

paulie_smith1

<p>Could be something or could be nothing earth shattering. I think that a few of the major companies are having a "test drive" session on the evening of the 26th, righ before PhotoExpoPlus opens on the 27th. I'm presuming that's a time for journalists to get to play with some new and old products (or at least listen to extended PR pitches...)<br>

As for a 5D MkIII, possible but I wouldn't hold my breath. The current $100 instant rebate runs through October 29th and I'm sure Canon would like to clear out stocks of the MkII before announcing the MkIII.</p>

<p>If you believe the rumors the 5D MkIII should have been announced pretty much every day both last year and this year. If you keep on predicting, eventually you'll be right, and the longer you predict, the greater your chances of being correct. I think that's the methodology that the rumor sites use. Actually I don't think they care much if they are right or not, as long as they attract viewers. In fact they probably hate it when they are eventually right, since it's one less rumor they can post.</p>

<p>It might as well just be a new, revolutionary lens cap... You know, a design that doesn't fall off the lens and can be attached to a filter. <br /> OTOH, the logo shows a printer and EOS so it may be just a new design of the direct print button...You know the one feature that virtually every EOS owner uses many times a day, every day...</p>