no transparency film to be found

brian_alworth1

<p>Seems like BH has plenty. I was looking a few other places the other day and didn't see any shortage of 4x5 film--I do doubt to many "local" stores stock it. There is also plenty of color negative 4x5 out there as well if you scan--I stopped shooting chrome film when I got a good scanner!</p>

<p>My search at B&H, 4 X 5, color slide film, shows all currently out of stock.<br>

However, Badger Graphic, shows Velvia and Ektachrome in stock, both 100 ASA.</p>

<p>Velvia @ Badger, 20 sheets @ $52.99.<br>

https://www.badgergraphic.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=612</p>

<p>Ektachrome @ Badger, 10 sheets @ $27.99.<br>

https://www.badgergraphic.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=3447</p>

<p>Calumet has 4x5 ektachrome in stock, I didn't look further--a bit more expensive than badger at $29.99 for 10 sheets.</p>

<p>Ron, you may have to send your film somewhere or look in the nearest large city for a professional lab. I would call some local professional commercial photographers, they should know even if they are now shooting digital--find an older guy--one who advertises 20 years in the business!</p>

<p>Marc- Thanks for the info about Badger! That's one that I was not familiar with. I did, however, stumble across a box of Velvia100F here close to home. A local camera store guy had a single box stashed back in the fridge for personal use, but he's willing to sell it to me. <br>

As a note- some of the web stores that show film as being 'in stock' turn out to be not in stock when you try to actually make a purchase. <br>

I guess the lesson here is to stock up when and if it's available...save it in the freezer. I've heard bad stories, however, from photographers that have tried to use out of date film even when it has been in cold storage.</p>