Educational version of CS5

<p>My copy of CS 5.5 doesn't even have "education" on it in the splash panel, just the version number, etc. You do have to supply them with a dated ID or have your mail requesting the activation code be from your educational email account.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>you won't be able to upgrade to the new version when it comes out. So when CS6 comes out you'll need to either buy the full version or the academic version if you still qualify.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>The Adobe website says that you <em>can</em> upgrade the educational version. You'll have to pay the full retail upgrade price. No discount on the upgrade.</p>

<p>Peter</p>

<p>I just did a live chat with an Adobe rep. Here is the chat...</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Welcome to Adobe.com! My name is Mckay. May I assist you with your selection today?<br>

Mckay: Hi, How are you doing today?<br>

Peter: Hi, I suggested to my student son-in-law that he can purchase Photoshop at a discount through his school. He wondered if it would qualify for an upgrade when the new version comes out. Does it?<br>

Mckay: Yes, you can upgrade it a new version, the upgrade version is available only in retail store.<br>

Peter: Thanks!<br>

Mckay: There is no upgrade path available in education store, however you can purchase the full version of the software for a huge discount upto 80%.<br>

Mckay: You are most welcome.<br>

Peter: One more thing. Does he still have to be a student to get the full version at the discount price when upgrading? Can a non student get an upgrade to a student version after graduation?<br>

Mckay: He can use the software for life time once he purchase it.<br>

Peter: Thanks again!<br>

Mckay: Later you can upgrade it to a retail version, even after finishing studies.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Peter</p>