How to email images for Canon EOS 40D

virginia_hager

<p>Hi all,<br>

Hoping to get some help in regards to my Canon EOS 40D.<br>

I've just purchased it second hand and can't find details anywhere on how to reduce the size of images, once uploaded onto my computer, and email out the smaller sized files. I have uploaded all the photos, yet the software doesn't seem to have a function where I can do this? I am using the EOS Utility software. Is there something else that I need to download to email images, or will I have to do it manually (reduce files in Photoshop then email them myself)?<br>

Thanks for your help,<br>

Virginia.</p>

<p>If you have Photoshop you can do it there. If you have the Canon Solution disk (the one that comes with EOS Utility on it) you can use Canon's Digital Photo Professional or Canon ZoomBrowser. Both of which are capable of downsizing the image. Canon's DPP can do it under Batch Process (you can process as few as 1 image) and you'd select a smaller size. What size depends on the end use, but for general web viewing 1200 pixels wide is a decent start. Make sure you check Lock Aspect Ratio and you'll only need to provide the dimensions for one side. If the other sides dimensions don't equate to what you want then you'll need to crop first, otherwise you'll skew the image itself.</p>

<p>Click on the "Share" icon on the bottom right corner of iPhoto and select "email" and the app will automatically resize to a reasonable size (you can specify if you want an exact size) and email it for you. Or, if you want to manually resize to your desktop or a folder, shift-click a range of images and select "Export" from the file menu. For emailing, elect "medium" and click on the export button.</p>

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

<p>Virginia,<br>

I know the problem! I use Canon's own "Zoombrowser EX" - came as part of the software package with the camera. You'll find a facility labelled "Print & Email", click on that and follow the instructions. Works for me and I'm certainly no IT expert by any stretch of the imagination.<br>

Tony B</p>