Fritz Henle

warren_williams

<p>I recently purchased a postwar Rollei Automat and heard good things about a book by Fritz Henle. In looking at he used book sites there seem to be two guide books by him - Fritz Henle's Guide to Rollei Photography from 1956 and "A New Guide to Rollei Photography from 1965. The latter vesion seems to be somewhat cheaper at $20 vs over $30 fort he earlier guide. Are there real differences in the books such as quality of photos? Does the new book included a lot of technical info int he Rollei SLR's tha I wouldn't be as interested in?</p>

<p>I have a book called "fritz henle's rollei" that has a copyright of 1950. It starts with a few pages of writing about Henle's working methods and life. Then it has 117 photos printed mostly full page to the end of the book where there is a small amount of technical detail about how he took each photo. I bought this book off ebay a few years ago and it cost me nearly nothing.<br>

Dennis</p>

<p>Fritz Henle was also famous to be called "Mr. Rollei". He became famous with his images made worldwide with his Rolleiflex twin lens camera, with its famous 2,8/80mm Planar glass from Carl Zeiss. I've met "Mr. Rollei" once personally many years ago, and he told me about his images, just made with the 80mm standard lens only.</p>