MD-12

charles_swanson1

<p>Charles, you might want to look at the instructions for the MD-12 on the <a href="http://mir.com.my/rb/photography/hardwares/classics/nikonfeseries/fefmshared/md12/md12basic0.htm">Mir Website here</a>.</p>

<p>The only problem I ever encountered with mine was that the contacts between the battery insert and the motor-drive body sometimes became corroded or dirty after a little time of unuse. A quick wipe with whatever was to hand usually cleared the problem, or often just releasing and reinserting the battery box would work as well. It hits the pocket a bit hard to replace all the cells these days though, especially if you buy the brand of battery that powers toy rabbits! </p>

<p>You can. Just be sure that every shoot is made by MD or mechanically (this means, don't try to shoot the MD with the advance lever out of its position). Do you also should avoid to shoot the MD when it is not attached to the camera; of you do, it is a bit hard (for somebody without handy skills, like me) to operate it again.</p>

• 4 weeks later...

<p>Hi everyone, looks like the OP got his answer... I have a MD-12 question of my own. I'm using one with a FM2 (not FM2n) and the MD-12 trigger does not turn on the meter requiring me to 'wake up the meter' with the on camera release before using the MD-12 to fire the shutter...</p>

<p>From my reading of the MIR site on the MD-12 it seems to suggest that the grip should operate the meter. What is your experience?</p>

<p>I absolutely love the MD-12 for the handling it grants to the FM2, it feels absolutly perfect especially with a 35/1.4 or 105/2.5 mounted on it.</p>