NIkon D90 Malfunctions?

daryl_stahl

<p>I got a Nikon D90 from B& H last yr, it was a refurb. It has been a great camera, still works great. Having some malfunction problems now, Cant get to menu function on camera, cant set timer, cant delete pics from camera, just to name a few things. <br /><br />It does work in manual, auto and all program modes and can set exposure.<br /><br />Have tryed another battery, waiting to get a pro series battery want to try that. I got a battery grip, so I try that with extra batteries.<br /><br />I dont think Nikon will repair since it was refurb product.</p>

<p>nikon will probably gladly repair a refurb product. it's only grey market stuff the nikon USA shops won't touch. if you still have the box, it probably has a sticker on it with a big nikon logo and a statement that reads "this product has been refurbished to nikon factory specifications by nikon, inc. and is covered by a (90) ninety day limited warranty." of course, after 90 days repairs are on your dime.<br>

if you haven't tried a full reset of the camera yet, that would be the next step, however. i don't have a D90 so i can't tell you the exact button sequence, but i'm sure you can easily look it up.<br>

one thing that occurs to me is your battery grip could be causing the problem. i've seen a battery grip make a nikon DSLR do all kinds of crazy stuff -- disable the menus, AF the lens continuously, fire the shutter on its own, etc. if you haven't tried your camera w/o the grip, try that first!</p>

<p>"I got a battery grip..." Is your battery grip a Nikon product or third party? Have you checked your camera functions without the battery grip?</p>

<p>I've not heard of <strong>a pro series battery</strong>: you either use a Nikon brand or some other company's battery.</p>

<p>Hi Guys<br>

Thanks for all comments. Did the reset Shun. It appears like the control panel display on top I can control exposure, cant control metering, autofocus or release modes. The lcd display only works in Live Mode, but cant get to menu. Will try and take battery out, and leave set over night.</p>

<p>William will try Nikon site for suggestions, might have to resend it to them for work. It is out of warranty, let alone a refurb from B&H, not black market, but will look into service from them if I cant fix. Is the a software or firmware update?</p>

<p>Thanks Jerry the Battery grip is generic, but had this problem before that, I just got it to try out, with the Nikon batteries I had on hand. The Pro Series battery got off of Amazon, was looking for an extra Nikon battery. <br>

P.S Great pics guys.<br>

Looking to put some of my pics up here.<br>

For now you can check mine out on flickr: <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/hewlbbac/">http://www.flickr.com/photos/hewlbbac/</a></p>