choosing 35mm film camera on budget for use with my fx lens

ivan_vilches

<p>guys what cheap nikon film camera 35mm can be used with my fx lens i use with my d800, <br>

i have:<br>

- 50mm 1.8<br>

- old 80-200mm ai<br>

- 105mm micro vr last version<br>

- 35 sigma art 1.4<br>

i am looking for something small becouse i wanna for street maybe using the 50mm 1.8 (the smaller compared with the others)</p>

<p>thanks very much.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Lots to pick from. N6006 and 8008s, N90s, F100, F2 A or AS, F3, F4 (bigger but affordable and outstanding), FM series, maybe a Nikkormat Ft2 or Ft3. Check out KEH.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>The 35, 105 and possibly the 50 are G lenses (no aperture rings), so the only really compatible camera on this list is the F100. The other bodies I mentioned above have the same full compatibility as the F100, except for the lack of AI metering. For completeness, the F5 and F6 will work with everything, but the low-end F55/N55 would be a bad choice (no AFS or VR support). I think the other AF bodies will work with G lenses only in P and S modes. The F2, F3, FM series and the Nikkormats don't have S or P mode, so I guess the G lenses would be stuck at minimum aperture. If you're only really interested in using the 50 and it's an older lens with an aperture ring (i.e., it's not the current AF-S G lens), you do have a wider choice of bodies, and something like an FM-2 would make a good street shooter (as well as metering with the 80-200).</p>

<p>Personally, if the F100 was too expensive or too large, I would just go for the F80/N80, which does everything (even VR) except AI metering. You can buy one now for the price of a UV filter and, like the F100 (and D800) it has two command dials (the lower end AF bodies only have the rear dial, so switching between aperture and shutter speed control involves extra fiddling, though they are a bit smaller).</p>

<p>My choice would be the F80/N80, mainly because the F100 still costs quite a bit. The F80 isn't the cheapest either, but already a lot more affordable. Neither of these bodies are really compact, though.<br>

I have a F65 myself, which is kind of fun to use as it weighs nearly nothing, but the viewfinder in it is a rather sad affair, and no fun with manual focus of any kind. If you can make do without the 80-200, though, the F65 can be found for very little money. Fun little camera.<br>

It much depends how compact is compact, and how cheap cheap.</p>