Pentax H1 Shutter Issue

allancobb

<p>Hello All,</p>

<p>I apologize if this question has been asked before, but I can't find my particular shutter issue in past forum posts. Anyway, I have a vintage Pentax H1 body where the mirror is stuck up, but the second curtain is nowhere to be found. After some fiddling, I can cock the shutter, but when I release the shutter, the first curtain is the only one to release. I can't seem to see or retrieve that 2nd curtain, thereby allowing the mirror to return. Any easy fixes or ideas? Thank you in advance!</p>

<p>Cheers, Allan</p>

<p>shutter problems are quite common on cameras with age and use like yours. I highly recommend Eric Hendrickson at http://www.pentaxs.com/index.html for a complete CLA and seal re-foaming.<br>

Mr. Hendrickson completely returned to life two Pentax H3v cameras I had...one my first "real" camera from the mid 1960's and the other a basket case I purchased for parts only. Both were returned looking great and working extremely well, CLA'ed, shutters lubed and adjusted, and re-foamed seals ! Very reasonable pricing.</p>