Mine Six IIF with T-Takumar and Copal Shutter

jvan

<p>First of all, I have seen one of these, a tragic case. It was found to be highly toxic and there was no way of restoring it. There was also no known safe way of disposing of it at the time. I know how to do it now. Just send it to me and I will safely dispose of it for you. No need to thank me. ;-)<br /> Seriously, it's a beauty. I had a Hiyoca with a frozen rangefinder. It just took getting the top deck off and a bit of patience. I worked in a couple of drops of rubbing alcohol on the rangefinder linkage, and then with a drop of sewing machine oil, I started to exercise the lens, and ultimately, the rangefinder linkage. Take your time and be very careful. I can't imagine it being too much different. <br /> That's got to be the earliest Takumar that I've heard of. Wow. Actually, from your picture, it looks like you might be able to access the linkage from the front panel.</p>

<p>Justin,<br /> The MineSix was the second collectible camera I purchase when I started out in the 70's. The first was a pretty beat Super Ikonta B. I bought both at a camera show in Grand Rapids, Michigan and I paid $60.00 for the Zeiss and $20.00 for the MineSix. The guy wanted $25.00 for the camera and the full case, but I pointed out the case was scuffed and he let me have it for $20.00. The thing worked perfect and and looked near perfect also. According to the "BIG" Japanese collectors Guide it wasn't that rare, but maybe that was in Japan. These cameras, as you can tell by the lettering, were made for exportation mainly. Mine also had the T-Takumar lens and was a pretty good picture taker, but not as good as the Super Ikontas B's Zeis glass. I eventually sold it to a Japanese collector along with many other cameras over time. Here's a link to help you out <a href="http://camerapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Mine_Six">http://camerapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Mine_Six</a> . The fellow I sold the MineSix to also wrote that "BIG" Book on Japanese Cameras. My collecting friend and I got to know him fairly well via mail (no Internet then). He went by the name of George if I remember right. I have forgotten his Japanese name and I assume he's passed on by now, but I could be wrong. I started doing shows all over the Midwest and even did a couple of Boston shows and in all that time I only saw one other MineSix. So, if I were you I'd hang on to that baby like it was an egg with a thin shell. JohnW</p>

• 2 weeks later...