Green Screen Shoot Question

greg_lisi

<p>I started shooting a few green screen portraits with a promaster foldout backdrop and Green Screen Wizard.. This worked well for my family shots. When my daughter started showing her friends, the dam breached and now I have load of shoots lined up. Anyway, I had to upscale my greenscreen backdrop to a 10X20 muslin which I ordered and just arrived. Question is, storage, folds and creases. If I can get the majority of the folds and creases out, but not perfectly smooth (like the tight promaster foldout) will that effect the resulting background transfer in PP?<br>

Thanks</p>

<p>The key is to light the muslin itself (especially a large one like that) evenly from both sides, filling any wrinkles in the shadows. The wrinkles won't matter. This is light that's separate from that you're using on your subjects, which you'd set up to look right visually with the lighting in the background image(s) you're going to be dropping in with GSW.<br /><br />GSW is surprisingly good at taking out all of the green, even when its tones aren't prefectly even. As long as your camera can see it's green, instead of blocked up into shadows that drift towards black, or blown out into something pale enough to not look like the same family of green. Despite some user interface clunkiness and some oddities, it is a pretty damn good piece of software for the sort of stuff you're talking about. I had reason to use it a couple of weeks ago, at an event, and it worked surprisingly well. And ... I also discovered that once kids see what's going on, a larger backdrop is inevitable!</p>

<p>Thanks Matt. I was hoping an answer like the one you gave would emerge. Making sure the greescreen is lit evenly makes sense. I was having nightmares of trying to get every little freakin' crease out of the muslin or GSW would fail. Actually, that program is quite amazing and fast. The results I've been getting with a medium size greenscreen foldout are great. Can't wait to see how group shots turn out.</p>