Sold my first image!

<p>Am thrilled to finally see an image in print!<br>

What began as a hobby has turned into things that are valued by others - others who are experts - and that feels really good!<br>

This thrill isn't as well understood by friends and family ... as other photographers would .... so I'm sharing this.<br>

Guess the first image will always be special!<br>

Cheers!<br>

jm</p>

<p>Sure Ken - here it is ....a scan of the article assuming its allowed! I mainly do cultural portraits and lifescapes ... so this image is one of Naga tribals.<br>

<br /> Matt - thats got me working 18 hours a day and very very willingly! It's the first time I'm working in a 'craft' so seeing the results of my work is refreshingly different!<br>

Jaina</p><div>00ZF4d-393041584.jpg.f0a474f746e7f4161614b05fd82474cd.jpg</div>

<p>Yes - the thrill certainly boils down to seeing it printed / valued by others.<br>

Its definitely not the money (yet)- the 80 euro won't go very far even in the dinner celebrations for the family :) but its fun to know that someone out there is <em>willing</em> to pay for things I produce!<br>

Wish we could all sit down together celebrate our first sales :)<br>

Thanks all!</p>

<p>I did sell my first photographic image to my next door neighbor. He still owes me $20. </p>

<p>Nice goin' Jaina. I know what you're feelin'. Had a photo taken by a Texas Monthly staff photographer of my t-shirt design someone was doing a story about promoting a return of a late '80's oil boom that never panned out obviously. The title along with my full color artwork on the t-shirt read "Oil Field Trash Shall Rise Again" done in a Russian poster design motif.</p>

<p>Damn! It felt good to see that. Never saw the t-shirt in any stores though.</p>

<p>A bit of you is communicated with your photo that reaches a larger public and which has been chosen by those who are closely familiar with the power of photograhy and art. A very nice feeling. May you have many more successes. My first two photos to be published went into a national photography magazine that was celebrating a 150th anniversary year of the invention of (negative-positive) photography and it sat, with one other amateur photographer's two pictures, among many of those from respected professional photographers, past and present. A feeling of personal satisfaction, of course, but some small indication that my craft might be getting somewhere. Thanks for sharing with us your pleasure, and your very fine image.</p>

• 3 weeks later...