Nikon Wednesday 2011: #34

Matt Laur

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<p>Hello everyone<br /> I've not posted in a while as I've been away. I love the eclectic mix of photos in this thread each week; it's vey inspirational.<br /> Here's one from a quick forray into my garden earlier this week</p>

<p>So many great pictures - as always! I love to follow this thread, even though I rarely post pictures.</p>

<p>Benjamin Schaefer, Clive Woolls og Tiffany Brook - thanks for your kind words - it made my day.<br /><br />Matt - like the DoF<br />Jennifer - texture and look n feel is great (I would like it in poster size)<br />Craig - getting hungry :-)<br />Wayne - the chairs looks a bit like candy...<br />Doug - nice (did you use an IR converted camera?)<br />Gerald - great weather picture<br />Tiffany - heaven seems to be on earth<br />Larry - so calm<br />Edric - love the light glow on the spider (did you use flash?)<br>

Best regards<br />Torben</p>

<p>Hi all<br>

My Contribution this week was taken while waiting for a ferry as usual during the summer months there were some delays so took my camera down to the waters edge and found this seaweed peeping up above the waves almost reaching for the sun.</p>

<p>Have a good week</p>

<div>00ZEXh-392453584.jpg.8bfd2cd225ece34e4c312a106f4612e9.jpg</div>

<p>Happy Wednesday everyone. Great pics as usual. My favorites this week:<br>

Torben's baby portrait<br>

John D's sunglasses<br>

Hamish's wasp<br>

Kent's duck<br>

Roberta's dew<br>

Edric's spider<br>

and Dawn's seaweed</p>

<p>I ventured out onto the fields near home for sunset the other evening. However, I got my timing all wrong and couldn't make my chosen foreground interest before the sun disappeared below the horizon! Took this one instead......</p><div>00ZEYU-392461584.jpg.af1ba702c155805f5c86d14fd13fa64b.jpg</div>

<p>This is from a memorial service at Arlington last week. I loved the reflection of the flag's stars in the widow's sunglasses.<br>

We will simply call this Reflections. A moment at Arlington National Cemetery to reflect about the deceased, his family and service to his country. For me the best photography is always about relationships.</p>

<p>Don Haper<br>

Arlington-Photographer</p><div>00ZEYY-392463584.jpg.ec1b991958af47adb287c3a84f08ee2a.jpg</div>

<p>First...confession! I messed up the image I put on earlier...reason punchy late night editing session, should have left it till the morning, rushed it all before going to bed, 'ready to post' the next Morning! Colour corrected image <a href="../photo/14078072">here</a>. Sorry and thank you for not slating me...I deserve it...really bad skills :(<br>

Now...Man alive yet again you guys are killing it! Looking forward to the rest but so far I'm loving this Wednesdays submissions.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>As usual a great group of photos from everyone. <br>

Some of the ones that made me go "oh nice"<br>

Torben Baby portrait<br>

Shun Portrait of Ryan. Growing like a weed.<br>

Rick D. Butterfly<br>

Kent Duck landing on water. Beautiful<br>

Wayne All those brightly colored seats<br>

Rick S.. Baby girl sleeping. How sweet is that?<br>

Tiffany Gorgeous shot of your dog in the pond.<br>

Dieter Nice cat portrait.<br>

And Don Harper Flag shot. Photos such as this will tug at my heart strings every time. <br>

Thanks to all for sharing those. </p>