The Bride's Special "Requests"...

duanelokitis

• 2 years later...

<p>Wow! I forgot about this thread! I want to thank you ALL, each and every one of you for your support. I think I needed to vent as badly as I needed your support!<br /><br />In the days leading up to the event, I met with the Groom several times at work and even saw the bride again before the big day. I was showing the groom some photos I took during their engagement session that I cropped and was using as a custom business-card/party favor for their event. It was one of their images, nice and close, but in black and white. He literally did a double-take on the sample and couldn't stop smiling. He took the sample home and called me that night. The bride-to-be loved it.<br /><br /><br />Wedding Day...<br /><br />My wife and I have shot many events together. She knows my style and has also learned some great techniques along the way, while incorporating a bit of her own style in her photographs, so we make a great team. She took to the 16-35, so she had a great time taking photos all night with the ability to get up-close and personal, without presenting that in the images... because of the wide angle, there were full-body shots-a-plenty!<br /><br />I was a good boy and took all of the shots the Bride requested, but would follow up with a shot of my own throughout the day. I showed her a couple of "extreme" close-up shots that were just too good to pass up! She fell in LOVE with the way they looked and took my camera from me to show a few of them off to her girls that were getting ready. She came back in the room with a smile on her face and told me she trusted my judgement and basically let me do my job. At the end of the night, I stayed an extra 2 hours and even got myself a rather large tip!<br /><br />About a week later, when I uploaded the photos and let her see the proofs, she had MANY retouch requests... mostly for her mom. I think I removed so many wrinkles over the next few days that I could hardly tell the difference between a feature and a wrinkle any more! HA! In the end, the Bride was so pleased with the results that I earned yet another large tip when I delivered the photos the week after.<br /><br />The best way I can explain it? The Bride was just nervous in the weeks and days leading up to the wedding and had gone a little over-board on the "planning" of her event. Once the venue she selected provided her with a wedding planner, things started running smoothly. They spent a lot of money for their special day (wedding was in Malibu, up in the hills)... I think she was just feeling overwhelmed by the number of things she was trying to wrap her arms around and I was feeling the pressure too!<br /><br />Funny how some of the events we anticipate being the bad ones turn out being some of the very best!<br /><br />Thanks again for your support!<br /><br />(and sorry it took so long for the update)<br /><br /><br>

Duane</p>

<p>Thanks for coming back. . . better late than never!</p>

<blockquote>

<p>"The Bride was just nervous in the weeks and days leading up to the wedding and had gone a little over-board on the "planning" of her event. . . <br />Funny how some of the events we anticipate being the bad ones turn out being some of the very best!"</p>

</blockquote>

<p>There's a lot of learning in that.</p>

<p>WW</p>