goung glass well off zero

adrian_tyler

i have a tech master and it has a beattie screen on it, it all works fine, but the thing is about 8mm off zero, that is to say what is see

on the screen cuts off about 8mm of the left hand side of the film image and i can not see on screen about 8mm of the film image on

the right hand side.

i use fidelity holders and readyload holder, looking in through the lens end with the holders i place, i can see that they are both

pretty much centred.

any fixes to get the screen zeroed-in?

thanks

Adrian,<br>I have a silly idea, but maybe worth to be tried : <br> could you try to dismount your beattie screen from the frame and turn it 180° ? <br>There is maybe a small latch or pin which moves the center about 8mm.<br>Anyway, you can download a pdf file from the Beattie website at http://www.intenscreen.com/technical_installation.htm.<br> Be careful about the type of camera : I don't know if for a Master Tech it's the type 1 or type 2 installation process.<br> Hope this helps.

if i understand your question correctly (what you see on the ground glass is offset about 8mm horizontally in the film image), the problem must be in the way you are mounting your film holders, inserting your film, or (least likely) with the camera back itself. try an experiment. load a sheet of film. put the holder into the back. remove the dark slide. is the entire sheet of film unobstructed?? if all looks ok, reach inside the bellows with a marker and outline the edges of the exposed piece of film. now remove the holder and the film. does the marker rectangle go almost to the edges of the film?? i have looked at my master tech. i don't see any way to misinstall the screen without it being very obvious that you have done so. it sits inside a well defined lip. my guess is that you are not pushing the holders all the way home, but are stopping at the first detente.

the problem is not the holders being incorrectly inserted, i checked this before making the post, i did however follow your suggestion, loaded the film checked everything and it looks like everything is lined up fine.

well its not that annoying but it is definetly not spot on, although a cannot se any misalignment, oh well...