<p>Hi</p>

<p>I have recently upgraded to Lion and have also upgraded the drivers for my Epson R2880 via Apple software update. All is working fine however, I notice the Epson profiles which used to be in an easily accessible folder in the users Library is now in the following folder:</p>

<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="100%" height="100%">

<tbody>

<tr>

<td > </td>

<td colspan="4" height="100%" valign="top">

<p>/Library/Printers/EPSON/InkjetPrinter2/ICCProfiles/SPR800_W.profiles/Contents/Resources</p>

<p>I now want to put some 3rd party paper profiles in my mac ( Permajet ) which used to be in the user Library colour profile folders if memory serves me, but I have no idea where to put these now. I would guess that I should use the above folder but for some reason I can't find it on my hard drive.<br>

I can access the system Library in Lion by pressing alt and using the "Go" menu in the finder but I cannot find the users library so maybe these Epson profiles are there?<br>

So two questions really. Should I put the profiles in the users library or not and if so how do I find the users library.</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>William</p>

</td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>

<p>Finder access to the users Library folder has been stupidly 'hidden' by Apple in Lion. There is a terminal command you can use to unhide it permanently.</p>

<p>You can put the 3rd party profiles in /Library/ColorSync/Profiles which make them available to all users of the machine.</p>

<p>Hi Howard</p>

<p>Thanks. I know I asked this before but the Lion layout is confusing me. Is the Library path you mention above accessed by simply opt while looking at the Go menu?</p>

<p>I have no idea how to access the file area where Epson has put their profiles. Is it via the terminal command you mention?<br>

Thanks</p>

<p>I'm not running Lion yet so I can't tell you which of the 2 Library area the Option/Go thing does but once you open wherever it is, if you cmd click on the icon in the Finder header bar, you will the path.</p>

<p>You do NOT want to add/subtract stuff from the private place where Epson stashes their software/profiles. Leave that be and simply add all 3rd party profiles to the aforementioned directory</p>

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

<p>I installed the software for Colormunki display to calibrate my screen color and it placed the profile in Library - Colorsync - Profiles -<br>

Which where I would expect it to be but so glad I came to forum as I had no idea to press the ALT and Go to see the library as I was also looking for where it was.<br>

Cheers for the UK<br>

Robert</p>

<p> </p>