pink cast after calibration

<p>calibrated my Dell U2311H for the second time with my i1d2 and there's now a pink tinge, with a left-right gradient. </p>

<p>no such problem the first time i calibrated it, but then I didn't use RGB presets the first time. however the x-rite tech support video suggests using presets for LCD screens, so the second time I didn't adjust the colour channels prior to creating the profile. </p>

<p>given that these Dells are known to have tinting and gradient issues straight from the factory, I guess the RGB presets are providing an inaccurate baseline against which the profile is being created? </p>

<p> </p>

<p>Set the display back to factory defaults, it sounds like the presets are poor and causing purity and evenness issues which can’t be fixed. <br>

If you get an overall magenta cast, that can be corrected IF the software provides CIE xy values you can edit for the white point. </p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

<p>John, I have faced this many times. Here's the way I do it now, see if it makes a difference. The software allows an "Easy" and "Advanced" mode. I go through the Advanced mode first to measure and set the Contrast and Brightness (I used the 80 cd/m**2 as the target, even though recommended is something like 100-110 for LCD, as that seems to match my prints to my viewing setup). I leave the RGB settings alone and skip that step. Once I get the Advanced mode calibration done and it usually results in an obvious color cast, then I go back through the Easy mode which removes that cast. I have had this happen on several different laptops and desktops with different LCDs and different Windows versions (2K, XP, 7).<br>

Let us know how you fare.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Its more about the software capabilities than the hardware. If a display is too warm or cool, you can adjust the color temp values. But magenta/green shifts are corrected on the other axis, thus the software has to provide precise editing of white point using these x/y values not simply a CCT Kelvin value (warm/cool or yellow/blue if you wish). So you’ll have to check your software to see if there is some more advanced control over editing the white point this way.</p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)