Landscape kit

hector_andrade

<p>hector, i think you have made the right choice and certainly at the right price. as i may have said before i had the tamron for 3 1/2 years until it was stolen and was very happy with its performance. i mainly shot low-light with it, but it served extremely well as a walkaround, and on those rare occasions when i did take landscape shots with it, it didnt disappoint either. the compactness of it was a definite plus when traveling.</p>

<p>about polarizers and w/a lenses: on an UWA, a pola can result in uneven skies. it works well for water shots when you want to minimize the surface reflections, but be forewarned that pola's may not return the results you anticipate on an UWA in many situations. the other option is ND grad filters, which also have issues with UWAs--they can vignette. in my experience, i bought an expensive 77mm filter for my tokina 12-24 which basically went unused until i acquired other lenses with that filter thread. so if you have no other lenses which take 77mm filters, you may want to save some money and buy a 67mm CP for the 17-50 and a 67>77 step-up ring in case you do want to use the pola on the 11-16.</p>

<p>if you do get a 70-300 down the line, this makes sense as well, since the 70-300 VR takes a 67mm filter. (the 70-300 VC, which i have, has a 62mm thread, so if you go that route, you can just get a 62>67 stepup ring.)</p>

<p> </p>