B&W Conversions using CS4

<p>use Silver Efex,that's the best BW conversion soft i've ever met.first of all make sure to recover all possible details in CameraRaw,both highlight and shadow.<br>

IMO a good BW film like photo must be rich in details both in the highlight and shadow,that's to say,you don't get a sky blown out or a shadow with complete darkness</p><div>00Z5Lb-382747584.thumb.jpg.c0b99113e7fd07361c7178ce08613cad.jpg</div>

<p>Richard, you were right, it was shot on a fairly flat, overcast day. This was morning cloud cover in Oceanside, CA and I live in Colorado, so it may be some time before I can go back and try again under different conditions. The Epson 3880, BTW, is what I've been looking at as soon as our financial situation improves...thanks for all the advice. Alexander, I just ordered the Nik software--can't wait to get up to speed with it to see if it will help (assuming a good original capture, of course!). Your example is outstanding--HDR is another area that I need to work on--not for the weird effects, but to improve the tonal range as in your example. Thanks!</p>