Invitation to change focus point, instead of preview - 5D2

doug_nelson3

<p>Too often, after taking a shot with my new 5D2, using center focus point, I get the silly brackets on the top screen inviting an autofocus point change, instead of the preview of the shot I just made showing up on the LCD. The preview is set for four seconds. Once the brackets show up, I get no preview. I have to play back the shot to get my histogram and blowout reading.<br />I want only center spot, rarely if ever anything else, and only One Shot. Is there some option I am not turning off in the menus? If so, I fail to see it. Seeing these silly brackets after my shot is driving me nuts; I need to see my preview. I have to push the shutter button to get rid of it, an extra step in the way of an f-stop or Exposure Comp change. Maybe I am hitting the AF-ON button by mistake?</p>

<p>I have recently been experimenting with the different shutter button/ AF-On/AE-Lock variations in the Custom Functions 4 set-up. And, and at some point I did get to see the broad outline/bracket screen as outlined by the OP. So it is there, and does happen. Unfortunately I cannot tell you exactly where/which setting I was in when it occurred. The only hint I can mention is that I was in the process of getting to grips with 'Back Button Focusing'.</p>

<p>(PS. I am on the original 5D)</p>