PocketWizard FlexTT5 and MiniTT1 tightening

<p>Dumb question, but I wonder which direction I twist to tighten the FlexTT5 and MiniTT1 to hotshoe/cold shoe.<br>

Maybe I'm doing this wrong, but it seems like:<br>

- MiniTT1 onto camera's hotshoe: counterclockwise when viewed from above<br>

- FlexTT5 onto flash's included plastic cold shoe stand: <strong>counter</strong>clockwise when viewed from above<br>

- FlexTT5 onto umbrella cold shoe mount: don't really know as I use cold shoe to secure<br>

Seems strange that one would go clockwise while another goes counterclockwise. Any insight?</p>

<p>I noticed I typed incorrectly. It should have been:</p>

<p>Maybe I'm doing this wrong, but it seems like:<br />- MiniTT1 onto camera's hotshoe: counterclockwise when viewed from above<br />- FlexTT5 onto flash's included plastic cold shoe stand: <strong>clockwise </strong>when viewed from above<br />- FlexTT5 onto umbrella cold shoe mount: don't really know as I use cold shoe to secure<br />Seems strange that one would go clockwise while another goes counterclockwise. Any insight?</p>

<p>Could they have assembled your TT1's shoe-mount, upside-down somehow? I just double-checked mine: both my TT1 and TT5s for Nikons secure clockwise, when viewed from the top (i.e., the PocketWizards' plastic ring screws downward, toward the bottom of the shoe as it is tightened against the flange of another hot-shoe or cold-mount).</p>

<p>You're right. They both work if done clockwise. MiniTT1 also works counterclockwise on my hotshoe.</p>

<p>I bought them used, so something could have been done with the previous owner.</p>

<p>They have worked great for me, by the way. I like PW in general for manual studio-type things, ability to use Sekonic, etc. TTL option is something worth having for those moments when you don't have time to meter, adjust flash power etc. (I have kids...)</p>