ANSCO MEMO follow up and questions

<p>I received the Ansco Memo that I posted about a couple days ago, and the camera itself was a bit disappointing. I don't believe the vendor would have known this, as it happened after a couple clicks of the shutter lever. The lens shutter assembly is now free floating inside the wooden box that is the camera. Look back, at my previous post, and you will see a picture to illustrate. All else seems fine. This will give me an excuse to delve into the little gem, to see what makes it tick. <br>

Now the questions. The obvious one here, is does anyone have some simple tear down instructions. It seems straight forward, but if someone has documentation, willing to share, I'd be appreciative. Next question, this one concerns the film that was in it. The film was in metal cassettes. So, that means it is a bit later. There seemed to be quite a bit of it exposed, because it only took about 15 strokes of the film advance to get it off the spool, and into the takeup cartridge. (I think they were all spooled with 50 half frame shots) The real question comes from the box top I found in the takeup chamber. It reads Ansco Color Film, and below that in smaller letters it says "reversible" Does this mean it is color reversal film, which I believe is slides, or is it color negative, and they are telling me it can be reversible to make a print. Lastly, I am not in a position to develop this, no matter what it is. Any suggestions of a processor? I also have an observation that I am going to try once (if) I get this back together. It seems to me that the supply film chamber can be shimmed to take a modern 35mm film cartridge. It can then be led across the gate to the take up can, and the way the claw pusher advance works, it might be viable to use that way. When the film is complete, a trip to a dark bag to unload and manually rewind might just work to use modern film in this gem. Thoughts? Sorry for the ramble.</p>

<p>Your Memo takes wooden cassettes and/ or large metal D shape cassettes. One the upper is the feeder cassette and holds a length of unexposed film. In a changing bag, Load a length rolled up with the tongue sticking out from a 12 exposure modern cartridge into the wooden cassette. Place the wooden cassette in the upper chamber. Put the empty slave cassette in the lower chamber. Feed the film into the slot. Close the camera advance with the pulldown claw three times. You should get 45 to 50 18x24 framed negatives. BUT FIRST GET THE LENS SHUTTER BACK IN PLACE! Have fun with this gem. I used mine and made a film strip with E6 slide film.</p>