Experimental Printing.

richard_barry6

<p>Wasn't sure where to post this but here seemed like as good enough a place as any. Wanted to see if anyone knows a thing or two about different ways of printing. I shoot digital and thus have no dark room experience but wanted to know if there are places- or rather retailers- that can print onto different materials for you such as albumen silver or gelatin or pretty much anything that'll look good. Don't have much knowledge on printing but am looking for something fresher than "Would you like those matte or gloss finish?"<br /><br />Cheers </p>

<p>You can try places such as West Coast imaging (saw the name in the forums here), or look more locally for professional imaging services. I use Taylor Photographic in NJ for larger prints on higher quality papers such as those offered by Epson. HTH to get you headed in the right direction.</p>

<p>For printing digital files to silver gelatin try Digital Silver Imaging,<br>

<a href="http://www.digitalsilverimaging.com">www.digitalsilverimaging.com</a></p>

<p>I saw a lot of their samples last March at the SPE National convention and their work is very good.</p>

<p>Albumen is another story. You can purchase albumen paper from Bostick & Sulivan and sensitize it with a solution of silver nitrate. Then you can create a digital inkjet negative and make a contact print. Very specialized process, but very doable if you are dedicated.</p>