What film camera are you using most often?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Hey Paul, we have something more than film cameras in common! I have a 19-year old at UChicago, just finished freshman year. And, a bit of ancient history to go along with ancient cameras, I myself was born on UChicago campus!</p>

<p>My favorite film camera has got to be my Rolleicord Va. For several trips I packed my Bronica and accessories, then at the last minute, gave up on the weight and repacked the Rolleicord. I keep lusting after a Rolleiflex, then telling myself I have more than I can use already :-) Don't know how long that will last, very tempting!</p>

<p>I've recently acquired some Nikon bodies for my black and white documentary look (Nikon F90x, Nikon F801s and Nikon FM2 backup). However, the main camera I've been shooting a lot with throughout this whole transition period has been my Bronica ETRS 645 medium format camera.<br>

The Bronica is a heavy beast, but wow... when I get a photo dead on, it really rocks.</p>

<p>Hi,<br>

Nikon F.<br>

I bought 3, all cheap and each with a non functioning Ftn Photomic head. I switch them about as and when and think I got 3 of the best cameras ever built. Bodies and lenses are 50 years old at least and they will still take wonderful pictures in another 50 years.<br>

A Hundred year old digital camera? I think not.</p>

<p>Andy.</p>

<p>Pentax 67 with 4 prime lenses w/tripod for landscape work. I like shooting with the P67, and I greatly value the results. Nikon F4 for landscape, macro, and general photography, usually shooting slides. Nikon N8008s and 3 prime lenses for street -- shooting hand-held with fast B&W film. Nikon FM is the back-packing & star trail camera of choice.</p>

<p>I regularly shoot a lot with my 45 Tachihara, Super Graphic, and 5x7 Korona. but just for fun I did some photojournalism and an event where I always shoot digital---but I took my trusty F5 loaded with trix, and a hot shoe mounted big old strobe--I was shooting outdoors---Shot 7 rolls, Got lots of good shots and brought back memories of good old pj days.</p>

<p>Always in love with my Hasselblad 500 CM en Rolleiflex 3.5 F. Recently discovered the Fuji GSW 670 III and so impressed by the 6x7 negatives that I bought a Fuji 690 II ( same camera but more attractive design IMO in comparison to the II series). Scanning the KODAK 160 NC negatives in a Nikon Super Coolscan 9000. <br />Dutch HEMA stores take care of development for €2,60. My Canon 5D II gathering dust while I enjoy shooting like in the old days. See the A3+ (13x19 in)!</p>

<p>Mostly my M3. It is part of me.It becomes a one lens camera once out due to a light leak.No change lenses.Then its a M-6. Love the built in meter, hate the miserable viewfinder. Then its a lot of different SLR's. Chinon, Nikon F3(they are almost same except lens mount!). Folks have given me their unwanted kids..Canon AE-1P, Fuji. etc.<br>

A roll every year or so, thru my Rollei. Last 220 film(gift) took 2 years to expose. Seeing the results kinda messes me up with my small film consumption but very large digital shooting! The Rollei has almost all keepers for large prints! Rats!. How come nobody mentions all the extra drives one needs for digital?<br>

Today another major shoot. The M3 is ready.The 50mm Summicron collapsible. 135mm Tele-Elmar/Hektor..</p>