135w back question(s)

howie1

<p>I just purchased a 135w back for my ETRS system. I put my very first roll through it today, however I'm not sure if I loaded it correctly or not. I shot a whole roll in one hit, so I had the darkslide out and the lens cap off. I was returned a completely blank film from the lab. The film was well expired vista 200 24+3. </p>

<p>Any help would be greatly appreciated.</p>

<p>Thanks Drew</p>

<p>These are real beasts when they want to be, was there any damage to the sprocket holes on the film ? The transport mechanism puts an undue loading on the film and mine would jam with about every other film going in the dustbin because the wind on lever was solid.<br>

Cheers,<br>

Adrian.</p>

<p>Hi Andrew,<br>

I think you should expect around 15 shots but I'm not quite certain on that, are you certain that the film was actually transported through the film back, you could try a roll of old film and open the back up after about 8 or 9 shots to check that the film is actually going through, although you would probably know because of the huge resistance to winding.<br>

Cheers,<br>

Adrian.</p>

<p>Jean,</p>

<p>I think you may be right, there was absolutely no edge markings on the film at all, I didn't think of that. It was a new person at the lab too. First roll in three years that I have had a problem with from that particular lab.</p>

<p>Drew</p>

<p>So I went back to the lab and they told me if the film has nothing on it the edge markings won't show up either. I'm not sure whether to believe this or not as when I have processed my own films and processed a roll with only a few shots on it accidentally the edge markings show up. <br>

Are they bullshitting me?<br>

The 135w back is all winding on fine and loaded correctly according to some instructions I found online and as I said before the dark slide was out, the lens cap was off and the mirror is flipping up.</p>

<p>What am I doing wrong?</p>

<p>Drew</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Yeah, I took another roll in shot on the same back, the lab screwed it up. Then tried to wriggle out of it. A few new people at the lab, I have been going there for three years and never had an issue until now. <br>

Adrian, it is a Kodak lab here in South Australia.</p>

<p>Thanks for you help everyone.</p>

<p>Hi Andrew,<br>

Pleased to hear you have it sorted, I'm up in Blighty, if you ever decide to come up here to see Sherwood Forest and the Major Oak let me know and I will give you a guided tour.</p>

<p>Cheers,<br>

Adrian.</p>

<p><b>SIgnature URL removed. Not allowed per photo.net Terms of Use.</b></p>