My critique is that the new critique stinks.... 0/0

rayabel

<p>I remember the "old days" when I could, very quickly, choose 2 numbers from 1 to 7 (a rating) and move to the next photo. It was very fast and a lot of people got an idea of how others liked their photos without having to read comments.</p>

<p>Now it is a comment system. I use to add a critique when it was believed it would help the photographer with the photo. Now, I don't bother critiquing any photos since I can only "comment" on a few before I get sick of typing.</p>

<p>Now I realize the this means I am basically too busy or just lazy.</p>

<p>Does any else agree? (Let me clarify, I'm not asking if you agree I'm lazy. :) )</p>

<p>I think there is some confusion somewhere. The ratings system is still there, it's had a few changes, but it's more or less the same as ever. Click on the gallery or sharing tabs and use the "rate photos" link. You get numbers to click and move to the next photo.</p>

<p>The ratings submission process changed: http://www.photo.net/help/gallery/ratings/ratings-submission but that doesn't seem to be what you are asking about.</p>

<p>I guess I'm going to need some more info and examples of what you are (or are not) seeing that caused you to make this post.</p>

The numerical rating system still exists. If you want to assign numbers to photos as quickly as possible, it's even easier now since you only need to choose one number. Just select 'Rate Photos' under the Sharing tab at the top of each page.

<p>Yep, all my life other photographers gave me TIPS on how to improve various aspects of my work. They helped much more than any rating would. Ratings including mine, are based upon personal opinion, can be subjective. Affected by a lot of unconscious things we are not even aware effect ratings we might give. It is difficult, maybe impossible to teach creativity, but we can help others improve original digital images or with post processing and give them ideas.</p>

<p>Come now, me thinks thou doth protest too much. A grand total of FIVE written comments since the <a href="../site-help-forum/00XHXv">changes in Sept '10</a> (9 months) and you're already sick of typing. Well, it was four in one day, so maybe you have a point. ;-) :-)</p>

<p>As Josh and Mike have already noted, the same "<a href="../gallery/photocritique/index?recent=4&category=NoNudes">Ratings Queue</a>" that was there before is still there, and it is just as fast and easy or easier to use (although the Captcha is a real pain-in-the-a** for non-subscribers). The only difference now is that any photos you find in that queue will be those where the photographers are <strong>specifically</strong> asking for ratings, whereas before those that really just wanted written critiques but desired maximum exposure of their photos, had to play the ratings game whether they wanted them or not.</p>

<p>So now you are guaranteed not to be wasting your typing time giving numerical ratings to people that didn't really want them in the first place. And you are also saved from giving exhausting finger-cramping carpel-tunnel-inducing written critiques to people that just want ratings so they can score in the TRP, but previously had to ask for a "critique" when all they really wanted was (high) numbers, and they didn't give a flying toss what you thought they should do to improve their art. Winners all around now in my book. :-)</p>