Developing Polaroid 600 film stuck in camera?

<p>I took a picture with a pack that had been in the camera for a while. The camera took the picture (shutter/flash went off), but I guess the battery was running low enough that it didn't eject the picture.</p>

<p>There's only one more unexposed picture in there, so it's not a huge loss, but I'd like to get the picture I already exposed and that's still inside the camera. I don't really know how development works with 600 film though: does it develop automatically after exposure and I can just take it out? Or do the rollers serve to release the chemicals, and can I emulate that with a rolling pin type of object in a darkroom? Or is the thing just ruined?</p>

<p>It's original Polaroid film, not Impossible Project film, if that makes any difference.</p>

<p>Larry I'm not so sure - Lo-fi was the term we used to refer to top quality, but outdated audio equipement - so if one had a top of the range mono valve amp and a folded horn speaker the size of a packing crate for example it was a lo-fi setup. Probably better sound quality than a first generation transistor stereo amp!<br>

I suppose the phptgraphic equivalent would be someone using wet colodion or albumen process today - possibly a better quality image, but out of date technology. <br>

Whether Polaroid counts in this definition, I don't know, but Holgas, Dianas etc, for all their other virtues, certainly don't.</p>

• 4 weeks later...
<p>If you have another old film pack (or possibly a new one), you could remove the picture from your film pack and place it in another with a working battery (in the dark, obviously). You then could take a picture in the dark (or cover the lens) and eject/develop the picture. The impossible project has a number of videos that illustrate a similar process.</p>