Fiber Paper Epson for R2000?

<p>I just bought a pack of Exhibition Fiber paper glossy, and I have a printer Epson Stylus Photo R2000<br>

but when i got back home i noticed in the epson website, that fiber paper is not suggested among the papers for my printer...<br>

what's the backdraw of using it? I can return it since i didnt open the pack yet, so if you have experience on mismatching papers let me know..</p>

<p>There is no on-line manual for this printer so it is difficult for me to offer anything other than a conjecture. It appears that they do not have a specific driver setting for this paper so you would have to do a bit of experimentation to find the best setting and then either make a profile yourself (if you have the necessary equipment) or have one made. It cannot be due to the thickness of the paper or the surface as the printer supports a variety of papers that are as thick and/or have similar surfaces. My suggestion is to save a lot of work and try one of the other papers (Ultra Premium Luster should give you really nice results). Remember this printer is designed to perform best with glossy papers as opposed to matte so I would not waste any time with fine art matte papers.</p>

<p>You could also see if Ilford supports this printer for their Gold Fiber Silk paper which IMO is a much better choice than Exhibition Fiber as it has much lower amounts of Optical Brightening Agents (OBAs).</p>

• 10 months later...

<p>Was searching for the same answer & I see that Exhibition Fiber according to Epson is made exclusively for the K3 inks. R2000 use UltraChrome Hi-Gloss 2 pigment. I have a few letter size sample sheets so I'll fiddle with it a bit to see if one of the Epson settings works. I've read a lot of good stuff about the Ilford GFS paper & will try some samples I also have.<br>

If you did use the Ilford what were your settings/profile?</p>