U1 and U2 saved setting - d7000

jenkins

<p>Are you using these saved setting features?</p>

<p>I know I should be but I am not really sure what to save as what I do is so varied, are these settings for people who mainly shoot in studios or controlled spaces? I have only had the d7000 a few weeks and wondered if people could give me an example of how they are using these options?</p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>I use both of mine. I have one setup for time-insensitive subjects and the other set up with a fast minimum shutter with auto-iso to compensate; both are in aperture priority.</p>

<p>Former I tend to use for landscape or shooting mostly inanimate objects, whereas the latter I tend to use the latter on fast movers; BiFs, aircraft, cars. This latter setting also has a bunch of stuff off so that I can get a larger buffer - compressed RAW, long NR off, distortion correction off, that kind of thing.</p>

<p>One interesting thing to know is that you can also "program" defaults for all of the other modes as well, (confusingly labelled "Save/Load Settings", which is two-thirds the way down the menu) so you can have PSAM set up ready to go as well, not just U1 and U2. Personally, I have U1 and U2 making RAW+Fine JPGs outputs, whereas the PSAM modes just shoot fine JPGs.</p>

• 2 years later...