Need to Mothball My Photo Priinter for a Few Months

<p>I won't be using my printer for a few months and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions concerning 'mothballing' it. I'll perform all of the maintenance options, i.e. nozzle and roller cleaning and remove the ink cartridges but would appreciate hearing any other suggestions.</p>

<p>There have been a lot of complaints about printers clogging seriously after sitting for a while. Oddly enough, while mine, Epson 2200, is generally considered to be quite bad in this respect, I have used it after a year of sitting with no problems and no special precautions, just putting it in the box with its ink still installed. However, this is just one data point. I would make sure it's cleaned up and in some location and packaging that keeps it away from dust and grime.</p>

<p>The key to preventing clogs is that the capping station does not allow the print head to dry out. Open the ink access doors. Turn off the printer. Slide the print head away from the capping station. (It's a square cup that the print head rests in.) Is there a bunch of dried up ink crusted around the edge? Take a moist Q-tip and clean any ink boogers off the rim of the capping station. Dried ink looks like strips of rubber when it comes off, so don't freak out. Clean off anything that will come off. This will give your capping station a better seal to the print head.</p>

<p>Put a few drops of water on the sponge pad inside the capping station. When the head is pushed back into the capping station the moisture will keep the print head from drying out. If the print head doesn't dry out, it can't clog.)</p>

<p>Whenever you power your printer up in a month it will do a cleaning and flush upon startup, so any water drops or ink that got leached from the print head will be wiped away. Always do a print head check and look for missing lines, etc. </p>