Library preview differs from development preview LR3

<p>I'm sure I'm not the first with this issue but google haven't lead me to an answer, weird enough.In lightroom some edited images appear different in the library preview versus the development preview. The latter being more lighter/brighter.The answers I did found mostly started and endend in "is your monitor calibrated discsusions". My monitor is calbrated and I have used PS (CS2) for a long time untill I tried LR3. With PS all was ok, what I saw on screen was how it was printed by my pro-sumerlab.<br>

Did I miss a setting somewhere? Or is this "normal"?</p>

<p>cheers</p>

<p>marc</p>

<p>Lighter/Brighter is not a normal description for differences people see between the two. The largest visible difference is generally due to JPEG compression visible in Library. Can you post screen shots of the two, preferably including the histogram in both?</p>

<p>Go down to the bottom of the right column and hit reset. Your general settings to start with LR should be; Exposure 0,900; Recovery O; Fill 0; Black 5, Brightness 50; Contrast 25; Curve should be Medium. For Calibration : 2010 for Process and Adobe Standard. Given the settings in your second screen shot you are applying some sort of Development setting. Is that a preset you have created or do you hit the Auto tone button?</p>

<p>The curves are different, and the library module tells you that a quick develop preset called "Custom" is being applied. Normally the library view would update with the preset settings, but maybe you have turned off updating previews. In develop module they are applied - what you're seeing there definitely not the deafult settings as descibed by Ellis.</p>

<p>The real question is, how did you turn it off? It's not switchable, normally. It makes me wonder whether your catalog or previews database may be corrupt or something... Does this happen with every file that you edit in Develop, or just this one?</p>

<p>I have no clue how this happened nor if or how I did turn anything of. I'm not sure if it happens in all picturs, in some it is more subtle difference, it others more prominent, some maybe so subtle it is hardly visible...in the end it is not really crucial yet I was just wondering.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>could try running optimisation against the catalog in case there is some corruption as mentioned by Mark.</p>

<p>Also, I'm not sure the problem is with the previews, but if you delete the files in the preview cache you can regenerate them from the library module.</p>

<p>To answer your original question -- this is not normal.</p>

<p>To determine whether it's happening with other images, try making a highly visible change in Develop (press V to convert to black & white) and then hop back to Loupe view (press E) and see whether the change is visible in Library. Can you reproduce with other images? Can you reproduce with this image?</p>

<p>Another thought -- is it possible that your computer is just really, really slow at regenerating the Library previews, so it doesn't look like Library is up to date -- but if you wait a while, it updates?</p>