Getting a strange haze in the center of some of my images!

thomas_m2

<p>Hi, <br>

I'm new to this forum but have read various posts before and couldn't really find the right answer to this problem. <br>

I have a Bronica gs-1 w/65mm lens that I'm getting a strange center haze with some images. I've never had this<br>

problem with any other camera before and I'm just wondering what the deal is. An example is posted below:</p>

<p> </p><div>00YiJV-357611684.jpg.871894bfc94c53c6d42e415e3d9e50cc.jpg</div>

<p>Looks like flare to me, the sun appears to be just outside the upper right corner. Shading the front element from outside of the image will eliminate this, if the sun is in a position where it's possible...sometimes hoods just aren't enough.</p>

<p>Looks like it's flare to me as well, but you said "some" images, not just this one. So I wonder if this effect appears to be the same size and pattern in the other images in which this occurs? If so, I would wonder if something is on the surface of the lens, or perhaps trapped in between lens elements. Maybe try shooting a roll of frames of a dark wall under controlled light that is not falling on the lens. If you see the defect then it's something in/on the lens, if not, the lens may just be prone to flare. If the latter is the case, then perhaps you could mitigate it with a hood and a multicoated neutral density or sky filter.</p>

<p>I think you guys are probably right about the lens flare. I've just never seen it look like this with any other camera. I shoot 4x5 and have never had this problem. Maybe this particular lens is just prone to flare. Thanks for all of your responses. I'm amazed at the community on here and how quick people respond. Thank you.</p>

<p>A wider field of view makes it much easier to get glare, even from a bright cloudy sky, bouncing around in the lens tube, etc., on wide angle lenses.</p>

<p>I don't know which Bronica 65mm you have but, on the other hand, at least the ones I've seen don't have grossly protruding front elements like some wide angles do.</p>