A K-5 Users Impressions

kfrog

<p>Nice article for first impressions, and they actually mimic my experience with the K5. I can subscribe to all your points, and they are the reason I also bought the camera. 20 years or so ago I started photography with the Canon EOS system, but I also had a little camera on the side, with just a 50mm lens: the Pentax P30t.<br>

Time went on, and I kept using EOS, which of course is a wonderful system in itself. However, in the last year or so, I have carefully investigated the market for a smaller and lighter system. Enter micro 4/3, no doubt a balanced system, with plenty to offer. But I also kept an eye on Pentax; after a long period where the company seemed to struggle to catch up with the DSLR world, they released some really good cameras, like the K7, precursor to the K5.<br>

I knew that glass would not be a problem with Pentax, due to the wonderful world of the Limited lenses. As you have found out, you have to hold one of these lenses to truly appreciate the craftmanship and sheer quality. The K5 was the turning point for me, and I am now a full member of the Pentax family, with the K5 plus the 15, 31, and 70 Limited lenses.<br>

I can wholeheartedly recommend them.</p>

<p>I find story a bit chaotic from the start by choices in the system!?Great images by Pentax and if it made by other camera by equal size of sensor-sure thing can be no match .<br>

Douglas,thanks for showing.</p>

<p>Douglas, hope you continue to enjoy your Pentax experience. One small correction, it's "TAv" mode rather than "TvAv". I believe you can get similar effect on Nikon using Manual mode with auto-ISO enabled, but Pentax has a separate mode for this, which I think makes a lot of sense.</p>

<p>You've got some extraordinarily nice shots posted with your article too.</p>

<p>I guess I didn't make this clear. I didn't write the article and it is not my website. I just found the site while looking for K-5 reviews and thought this one was particularly interesting and would be useful to readers in this forum. It was written by Jim Radcliffe and it is his web site. <a href="http://www.boxedlight.com/index.htm">http://www.boxedlight.com/index.htm</a> Rather than give just the technical info on the camera he gives his actual impressions that he had experienced while using it.<br>

<br /> Sorry for the confusion, I had no intention of claiming credit for this gentleman's excellent work.</p>